5 Best Night Sights for Glock Pistols
Do you have a Glock Pistol? The likeliness is that you go out to the range to practice often. How many times has the night light crept up to you and you wish you could stay a little longer? If this has happened to you in the past, you need the best night sight for your Glock. The fantastic device helps you a great deal when shooting at night. There are many models available and all of them look amazing. So if you are in the market to identify your target at night select one right here. We have picked the best of the best to make your selection a little easier.
What are the Benefits of a Night Sights?
The night sight you install at the front or rear of your Glock and comprise of tritium illumination. They are useful gadgets and help to shoot in low light conditions. Should you buy one for your pistol? This all depends on your needs. Here are some benefits you can look at to decide if the night sights worth buying.
Benefits of the Night Sight:
- Do you want to improve your range? The Glock is an accurate and reliable pistol, but you always want to improve your range and accuracy when using your weapon. Then you need the best night sight to achieve this.
- Do you shoot in low lighting conditions? You know how difficult it is to identify your target at night and making a perfect shot is difficult. To be able to see a moving target you need a night sight to help accomplish this.
- Prevents you from losing your weapon at night – imagine yourself in an emergency where someone comes into your home and you need to get hold of your gun. The night sight glows allowing you to find your weapon easily to defend you and your family on time.
Different Types of Night Sights
The first thing you should think about when purchasing the best night sight for your Glock pistol it to decide what you expect from them. Consider if you want to use it on your carry weapon or only use it for target practice. Alternatively, do you want to use it on your defense weapon? Depending on your needs, you can find different models best suited for your needs. Let us look closer at the models available:
The U Shaped Rear Sight – if you plan on entering competitions this is the best night sight to use. You will be able to take aim at a longer distance easier.
I-Dot Setup – the device has a line painted on the rear just under the notch and on the front sight, there is a large dot. When aiming you need to “dot-the-I” in the middle when aiming and it will be in the center of the dot.
Sight Ledge – this night sight is used less and suitable for shooters who want to train with a semi-automatic gun with only one hand. This rear of the sights elevated and the front sight has a triangle shape.
2-Dot Setup – in this gadget you see the small dot on the rear under the notch. On the front sights, a bigger and brighter colored dot. With this arrangement, you notice the large dot fast and you can acquire your target quickly.
3-Dot Sights – the majority of handguns are equipped with this handgun sight. There are three painted dots – two is on the rear and one in the front. When buying the night version you have a fiber optic or tritium insert. Some models even have both presents.
Now that you know the difference between a handgun sight and know what your needs are – read our top 5 best night sight for Glock pistol review that follows here.
Top 5 Best Night Sights for Glock Pistols
TRIJICON HD NIGHT SIGHT SET
Are you a tactical shooter? The Trijicon Night Sight you can buy in two color options orange and yellow. The structure is steel and has a protective jeweled screen. On the front, it has Photoluminescent paint found around the tritium inserts suitable to use in daylight as well. At full capacity, the paint holds a charge for up to 20 minutes and DIMS over time. After a while, you will need to charge it again with a light source. On the rear of the pistol sight, you have serrations to prevent glare when aiming at a target. The tritium lamps not outlined this is a great help when shooting in daylight. On the rear is a U-shaped notch to help aim quicker and available with a hood design that is great for one-hand handling if needed.
- Suitable to use with a Glock 42 and 43
- Has an orange front outline, but can be bought in yellow as well
- The front sight posts are visible with the Photoluminescent paint and allows for quicker target acquisition
- The rear sights angled and serrated to reduce glare and has black painter rings on the front sight
- The rear has a U-shaped notch for front site acquisition
- The Tritium-Phosphor Lamp is great to use in low light conditions and has a 12-year warranty from the date of production
- Has a three-dot system that is suitable for you if you do take part in competitions
- Dimensions 7-inches by 7-inches x 1-inches and weighs 0.3 ounces
- No need of using batteries
- Glows sharp in darkness
- The tritium lamps long lasting
- Protective body with a lightweight design
- Suitable to use during the day and night
- Expensive and is an investment
The Trijicon is military tested and with the price in mind, you will get a quality product. You can use it with your Glock or any other handgun. Furthermore, you can shoot accurate for short to medium distances with it.
TRUGLO TFO GLOCK PISTOL SIGHT
Do you need a versatile night sight for your Glock with performance and durability? Look at the Truglo TFO model here. The device has a solid structure that comprises a fiber optic and tritium technology. The weightless design does not add extra weight to your gun and has a sleek design. The gadget is suitable to use on your Glock 19 and made of CNC-machined steel. The tritium color is green and clearly visible during the day and night. For low light and no light conditions, the fiber optic is effective, enabling you to see your target. During the day, you will notice two green dots and with the design, it fits most holsters. According to users, the units sensitive when installing and you might need to practice installing one with another model.
- Suitable to use during the day and night and equipped with concealed fiber and tritium
- Needs no batteries for it to glow in the dark and available in green or yellow in the rear sight
- Durable design with the CNC-machined steel and has a fortress finish to protect it
- The tritium lamp has a 12-year warranty
- Fits different handguns and Glock pistols
- Dimensions 5.8-inches x 3.8-inches x 0.8-inches and weighs 0.8 ounces
- Has a snag-resistant design that is great in emergencies
- Fits most standard model holsters
- Great to use in all light conditions
- Easy to use
- Withstands harsh conditions
- Larger than other stock sights
The 3-dot sight is suitable to use for close to long-range shooting and perfect to use with a carry gun. The Truglo TFO delivers impressive performance and illumination when you need it the most.
MEPROLIGHT TRU-DOT GLOCK NIGHT SIGHT
Do you have a tight budget? Do you need the best night sight for your Glock at an affordable price? The Meprolight Tru-Dot is one of the cheaper models available on the market. The device has a metal structure and offers you different color groupings. The best options the green on the green arrangement. You can buy the green on orange one but might disappoint you at night. The night sight has a 3-dot system and great if you are a tactical shooter. You get a 12-year warranty when purchasing the product. You can use the tritium lamp during the day and night and offers you an average use in low light conditions. You cannot use the unit with one hand operation as the rear sights slightly curved.
- Designed with a tritium lamp that is self-illuminated and needs no batteries
- Suitable to use with your Glock 19 and available in more than 13 different models
- Offers you the brightest day and night use and maintenance-free
- Needs no weapon modifications and you can mount it directly on the weapon
- Has a fantastic 12-year warranty
- Made of quality material with a dimension of 8.5-inches by 4.2-inches x 0.5-inches and weighs 0.96-ounces
- Even entry-level shooters can mount and use the night sight
- Excellent quality
- Has the best illumination when shooting in low and no light settings
- Takes a while to get used to the device
If you need an affordable night sight that can get the job done, you need the Meprolight Tru-Dot. You can use it in the daytime and switch over to nighttime. For your defense weapon at home, it is ideal to use. However, if you plan using it with your carry weapon rather pick another one, as it does not work well in all lighting conditions.
AMERIGLO PRO-IDOT NIGHT SIGHT
The Ameriglo is one of the best I-Dot sights you can buy for your Glock 19 pistol. The device has a green, titanium front lamp with a green rear titanium lamp. The device has a steel structure with oxide finish to keep it protected. The lamps inserted in the aluminum housing and put directly into the steel. The lamps protected by a fantastic sapphire screen. You only get a dovetail installation and installs easily. For law enforcement use, you cannot go wrong when buying this night sight for your Glock.
- Designed with a green tritium lamp on the front and rear sight
- Has an orange front outline is bright and visible for daylight use
- Made for front site acquisition and retaining rear illumination
- Comprise a steel construction with black oxide finish
- Equipped with a sapphire screen to protect the tritium insert
- The lamp has a 12-year warranty
- Fantastic night sight for daytime and night-time shooting
- Easy to install
- Can use it in low light conditions
- If you are used to using a 3-dot sight the I-dot takes a while to get used to
The night sight for Glock pistols has an ideal size and spacing on the rear sight and the tritium dots visible during the night for fast acquisition. You will have to charge the device in the sun if you do want to do daytime and nighttime shooting.
XS SIGHT SYSTEMS BIG DOT FOR GLOCK PISTOL
For fast target, acquisition to use in all light conditions you will not be disappointed by the Big Dot Tritium Sight from XS Sight Systems. On the front is a big dot and the back one has a tritium line. The structure’s steel and have an anti-corrosive finish. The device has a snag-free design suitable to use in most holsters. The units not suitable for day use, but at night the tritium inserts visible. To get the best sight alignment you need to dot-the-I. For long distance shooting at targets, this is not the best night sight to use. The purpose of this gadget is for self-defense at short distances.
- Designed with a large front sight that helps improve the speed of front acquisition
- For low light shooting the white dot is visible and has an express rear preventing obstruction of the front sight
- Has a green vertical tritium bar with white outline
- The front sight has a white large ring
- The round low profile presents you with a quick draw from most holsters
- First Glock 17 handgun
- Easy to use night sight
- Simple installation
- Receive all the tools included
- Snag-free design
- The white dot reflects light
- Not suitable for long distance shooting
If you want to improve your low light, accuracy to make a perfect shot you, need this night sight from XS Sight Systems? The products easy to install and includes the installation kit. At night, the tritium lights visible and bright and you can mount it on your Glock 17 and 19.
To pick the best night sight for Glock Pistols might not seem easy. However, we hope that our article and night sight reviews help you to find a suitable one for your shooting needs. No matter what your setup might always keep your options open when buying one. Another important note is that you can use the night sight in combination with your weapons lights, reflex sights, or as a standalone.