Best Automatic Lawn Mower | Best Robotic Lawn Mower Buying Guide 2018
It is the weekend and you need to mow the lawn. You would rather spend your time lazing around in the hammock with a refreshing drink in the hand. Furthermore, you would prefer if someone else can handle the task but does not fit in with your budget. We have a solution for you the robot lawn mower. Yes, you heard right, today you could get your hands on the best automatic lawn mower right here. The power tools suitable to use multiple times a week to cut short lengths to keep the yard and the machine maintained. So check our list of the best robotic lawn mowers in 2018 out and enjoy your refreshing drink lying in the hammock while the handy machine takes care of the rest.
Does Automatic Lawn Mowers Work?
Like any other tool, the robotic lawn mower does not come without its faults. The only time they will not work correctly is when it is used inappropriately. Similar to your smaller automatic vacuum cleaner the machine works at its best when used on a regular basis during the week. Now the next question:
Are they safe to use?
The robot lawnmower works unsupervised and is one of the safest tools to use. The mower comes with a built-in safety sensor to sense changes in the area such as a human touch, inclines, and more. The motor cuts-off in different emergencies. Even your pet will not be harmed if it does approach the beast. With the programming, it stays in the perimeters and if it happens to go over the boundary line, it will shut down.
How well do they cut the lawn?
They get the job done and can cover an entire lawn by themselves. You can use it on a daily basis to keep the grass trimmed or use them weekly. The programs easy to use and it is capable of working throughout the day or night. The unit detects obstacles in its way with the built-in smart sensors. You will have to program in flowerbeds, swimming pools within its perimeters.
How do they work?
The robot lawnmower learns the yard as it comes with a low voltage wire. The cable you place around the yard and when the mower reaches the perimeter, it will not pass it if placed correctly.
Features to Consider when Buying a Robotic Lawn Mower
The automatic lawn mower works with electrical power and has a wireless operation. Here are some features you can consider when purchasing one:
- Cutting height – this is important and best to view the cutting heights available on the model you buy.
- Cutting width – depending on your lawn size you may need a model that has a narrow or a wide cutting width. With a narrow robot mower, it can fit in tight spaces.
- Slope – measure the incline of the lawn as some brands can handle more slope than others can.
- The cost – here you need to take, your budget into consideration. You may think it is expensive, but if you have a garden service taking care of moving the lawn compare the cost over a year. You might find that spending your money on these intelligent lawn mowers is more cost effective in the end.
List of the Best Robotic Lawn Mowers 2018
WORX WG794 ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER
Do you have the time to mow your lawn on a weekly basis? Not then, let the Worx WG794 automatic lawn mower take care of it for you. The Landroid WG794 never gets tired, moves over inclines, and declines with up to 20°. When purchased, you receive it assembled and ready to work once set up. The lawnmower automatically docks to the charging station when the battery is flat or it starts raining. The robot mower works with Advanced Intelligence Algorithm Technology and mows the grass regardless or the grass type, height, or thickness. The units quiet and have a powerful electric motor and suitable for gardens up to 10,750 square feet.
- Comes fully programmed for ease of use
- Can move through narrow spaces and makes intricate cuts with the AIA Technology
- Moves up and down inclines/declines up to 20°
- It moves around obstacles as it has a shock sensor built-in
- Has a cutting height between 1.6-inches to 4-inches
- Returns to the charging base when it rains or the battery powers low
- Has five cutting height positions
- You receive everything in the box to get your robot mower started
- Built-in 28-volt rechargeable battery
- The boundary wire sets up quickly depending on your yard
- Works quietly and suitable to use at night
- Automatically returns to the base for charging
- Frees up your time to do something else
- Only cuts the grass and does not trim it so you will still have to get the trimmer
- Not suitable for cutting long grass
MCCULLOCH ROB 1000 ROBOTIC MOWER
The McCulloch brand is popular in the Europe market. The automatic lawn mower has a compact design and runs quietly. The motors powerful and cuts slope with an incline of up to 25%. The unit has loads of smart features to move around obstacles or if it starts raining. Furthermore, it listens to your commands and you can define an area you want it to cut. The program allows you to put in a secure pin preventing kids from accidentally turning it on. You do not need to worry about theft as it has an alarm that frightens of thieves.
- The ROB 1000 is fully programmable and easy to use
- Mow a lawn up to 0.25 acres
- Designed with three durable metal cutting blades with a pivot style
- The motor runs quietly and suitable to use at night
- Informs you with an audible alarm if someone tries to steal it
- Works with a Lithium-Ion battery
- Can program it with a code to prevent kids from switching it on
- The robotic lawn mower cuts in the sun and rain
- Fully programmable to cut in sun and rain
- Keeps the lawn healthy as it does not collect grass and trims it
- Does not leave the lawn uneven, with track lines
- Designed with fantastic safety features
- Would be nice to have more splicer’s included
ROBOMOW RS622 AUTOMATIC LAWN MOWER
The robotic lawn mower from Robomow has a wide mowing width with high-torque wheels for traction. No matter what type of condition the mower needs to work on the wheels stay on track. The RS622 comprise Smartmow Technology making maneuverability seamless. With the built-in sensor, it detects when it starts raining and if the battery needs a charge. Monitor the unit with your smartphone and control it manually. The device has two sharp blades and once it is lifted from the ground they stop working. There is a child lock feature that you can set up with a PIN code.
- You receive an installation kit with the Robomow RS622
- Returns to the base station when the battery needs recharging and it rains
- Can use it with a separate remote for manual control or use the app on your smartphone
- Works on slopes up to 36% and works in multiple zones
- Has a child lock feature to prevent it being turned on
- Can cut high grass with the floating deck and blades
- Powered by a Lithium-Ferrum Battery
- You can adjust the cutting height
- Works quietly
- Has an extra 22-inch mowing width
- Designed with an edging mode that cuts beyond the wheel
- Takes time to set up the zones
HUSQVARNA ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER
With the Husqvarna Automower 315, lawn care is simplified. You can purchase the automatic lawn mower with or without an install kit. The electric motor works quietly between 58-69dB and height adjustable using the knob and the program. On the device is a large LDC display and you can program it manually. What makes the robotic mower unique compared to other robot lawn mowers is the blade technology used. The equipment detects the growth rate of the grass and automatically adjusts the working time and the dispersion of rain.
- Navigates through rough terrains from obstacles to slopes
- Available with or without an installation kit
- Works all through the day and night
- Designed with three pivoting blades
- The cutting width is 8.7-inches and has an automatic charging system to power the Lithium-Ion battery
- The working area is 0.37 acres and has a cutting height between 0.8-2.4-inches
- A built-in blade resistance technology that automatically adjusts the working time
- Returns to the base station when it rains or needs power
- Equipped with an alarm system and safety features if someone tries to steal it
- Has a simple control panel you can program
- The cutting heights adjustable
- Super quiet and all you need to do is set it and forget it
- The factory PIN numbers not included with the purchase
- The sellers at different retail stores are not experienced if you need help
HUSQVARNA 430X ROBOTIC LAWN MOWER BUNDLE
We know we have looked at the Husqvarna Automower 315 sold with different installation kits. However, if you do need a package that includes the large install kit look at the 430X bundle? Do you have a large lawn then the 430X Robotic Lawn Mower is for you. The battery recharges quickly within an hour if drained. The three razor steel blades attached to a pivoting disk, but not fixed in place and spin freely. You can adjust the cutting height between 0.8-2.4-inches and all changes are made electronically through the control panel. What makes the automatic lawn mower different is that it has a spot cutting feature. Where an area is overgrown you activate the function, and it cuts in a spiral fashion and effective to use.
- You receive the 430X model with a large installation kit
- The machines equipped with GPS navigation
- Suitable for gardens up to 34,000 square feet
- Handles a slope with an incline of up to 45%
- Designed with smart technology that adapts to the growth rate of the grass
- Has a large display to program manually
- Can use it with your smartphone by connecting to the Automower Connect app
- Has a cutting height between 0.8-inches to 2.4-inches with a 9.45-inch cutting width
- Has a weather timer and spot cutting feature to mow overgrown areas
- Cuts grass with three small steel razor blades on a pivot disk
- Weatherproof design and cuts in sun and rain
- The course-treaded wheels offer fantastic traction
- Has a working time of 135-minutes
- Adjustable and programmable
- The anti-theft alarm is QUIET if you are in the house and the notification can take up to 10-minutes to come through
HUSQVARNA AUTOMOWER 450X
For a top of the range robotic lawn mower, you need the Automower 450X by Husqvarna. The only downside is you need to buy the installation kit separately. The mower is intelligent to take care of large and complex mowing. The unit cuts slopes up to 45% and has GPS navigation. You can download the Automower Connect app on your smartphone and have complete control of the machine. The Automower 450X is identical to the 430X the only difference is the size capacity. Furthermore, the cordless electric mower can mow large gardens with ease. The battery is more powerful and charges quickly in 80-minutes.
- You can monitor and program the mower from your smartphone available on the iOS and Google Play Store
- The mowers heights adjustable and cuts between 0.8-inches to 2.4-inches
- Designed with a spiral cut feature that automatically switches to the function if you have flower beds weaved into the lawn
- The units powered with a Li-Ion battery that charges in 80-minutes
- The 450X returns to the dock automatically and the battery lasts up to 260-minutes
- Made for huge lawns up to 1.25 acres and cuts a slope up to 455
- Has three razor pivoting blades and you receive nine extra blades with your purchase
- The cutting width is 9.45-inches
- Designed with an LCD display and setting menu
- Has a built-in timer, alarm, PIN function, installation lock, tilt sensor, lift sensor, and time lock
- Handles mowing large lawns
- Cuts through different grass heights
- Leaves no clumps of grass you need to rake
- Does not get stuck easily
- Gets stuck in long grass sometimes and does not cut edges
GARDENA ROBOTIC LAWNMOWER
Do you need a super quiet but excellent performing robotic lawn mower look at the GARDENA R80Li model? The machine can handle up to 1070 ft2. You can use it throughout the day or night without disturbing the neighbors. The tool is fast, cuts 485 ft2 in an hour, and needs to recharge its battery. It automatically returns to the charging base and once full, it goes on its merry way. The battery takes up to 70-minutes to fully charge and works when it is raining. The only maintenance you will have is to clean it after it has moved through wet grass and mud.
- Protected with a PIN code to prevent it from starting automatically
- Has a cutting height between 0.7-inches and 2-inches and adjustable with the rotary knob
- Can set different moving times on the display panel
- Works during sunshine and rain and has an anti-theft protection
- Cuts up to 8611 square feet and recharges by itself
- Powered by a Lithium-Ion battery
- You receive the installation kit
- The cutting width is 6.7-inches and cuts an incline/decline at 25-degrees
- Works quietly
- Has a weatherproof design
- Automatically returns to the charging station
- Cuts large lawns quickly
- Does not have a rain sensor
- Cannot use it with your smartphone and has no remote control
ROBOMOW RX12 AUTOMATIC LAWN MOWER
With the Robomow RX12, cutting the grass is not a hard chore anymore. If you have a 2000 square foot garden this robotic mower will get the job done in no time. You receive everything included to zone out a 600-foot perimeter. The battery is powerful and operates up to 120-minutes on a full charge. The unit can cut up slopes up to 36% and mows narrow spaces.
- The robotic mower covers an area of 2000 square feet
- Cuts the lawn within 120-minutes depending on how big the yard is
- Has a child lock and has a disabling function
- Equipped with a lift sensor, obstruction sensor, and emergency stop button
- Has a cutting height between 0.5-inches to 1.7-inches
- Made with a stainless steel cutting blade with a cutting width of 7-inches
- One-year warranty
- Has a weatherproof design
- Works quietly
- Compact and lightweight
- Has a child lock feature
- Works with a smartphone app
- Has a floating deck
- No built-in rain sensor
If you have a big yard and want to avoid cutting the lawn, invest in the best automatic lawn mower reviewed here. The robotic mower takes care of the garden needs while you take care of things that are more important. With the aid of this helpful machine, you can get it programmed to mow the grass during the day or night. The robotic lawn mowers equipped with a powerful super quiet motor and can handle any obstacle and slope that gets in its way.