Best Table Saw 2018 – Latest Table Saw Buying guide
Do you need the best table saw for your DIY projects? Then you are at the right place to learn about this fantastic tool. Whether you plan to do woodwork as a hobby or profession, using a circular saw might not be what you need. The portable table saw offers you accuracy and versatility to use anywhere. Here we have compiled a table saw guide to help you understand the features and requirements needed to pick the best of the bunch online.
What Type of Table Saw Do You Need?
When you have to buy the best table saw, you need to know the basics of this handy tool. First, there are different saws available the portable and stationary one. In fact, you will note that the majority of table saws reviewed here, later on, are movable to a certain extent.
Portable Table Saw
In the portable table saw collection you get three basic types the bench top, compact, and job site table saw. The equipment has a transportable design and usually is lightweight and smaller. The table saws equipped with a 15-amp, 120V direct drive motor that produces no more than two horsepower.
With the compact and lightweight design, the apparatus more cost effective to buy. Are you in need of doing light-duty work in your garage? The portable table saw is what you need. They may not have transport wheels or a stand but is still compact enough to take with you anywhere.
The appliance has aluminum or other composite material construction. The table’s smaller in design and offer you limited rip capacity. For working with softer woods, these little saws are perfect. For a step up from the bench top model, you can choose the compact table saw.
They have the same features such as lightweight construction and direct drive motor – but also give you additional characteristics. You can buy them with a stand or a table surface. You can even find them resembling a full-sized table saw. The only difference is the rip capacity and tables smaller.
For a more robust tool, you need the job site saw. Are you a contractor, the contractor table saws perfect. The equipment has the same compact structure but the components more durable and produces accurate results to get a job done. They have the same direct drive motor but more powerful.
You can adjust the fencing, and the rip capacity is 24-inches. Some of them have tables to accommodate sheets of wood. Further, they have their own cleverly designed stand as it folds up for storage.
Stationary Table Saw
As with the portable models, the stationary table saw also has three categories the cabinet, contractors, and hybrid table saw. These tools are massive, more significant, and more accurate in design. You can mount them on a mobile base to transport, as they do not have a portable structure. The saws powered by a belt drive motor, and you will find it has a cast ion table. Depending on your budget, you may even see some models with an aluminum or granite tabletop.
The table extends and can feature extended fence rails, outfeed tables, and so on. What the contractor saw is for the professional as it has a drive belt motor and a great alternative to the cabinet saw. One of these tools can weigh up to 300 pounds making them heavy to move. The hybrid saw is similar to the cupboard and contract saw except it has an inboard belt drive induction motor.
The apparatus has an open stand. You can also find one with an enclosure. Now if you need an excellent saw look at the cabinet model. The features are superior, and they have a durable design. The equipment has precision and made to use in workshops in any contractor niche. The fence on the contractor saw is accurate, and they have motors that run on 240V with up to 5-horsepower.
You can use it to cut hardwood, lumber, material sheets and more. The table extends to accommodate different sized material, and they can weigh up to 500 pounds. If you do plan to move the apparatus, you can place it on a mobile base.
What Must You Know Before Buying a Table Saw?
When it comes to purchasing a table saw you are spoilt with a choice – this leads to confusion and to help you we have made a list of things you can think about before making a pick.
How and where will you use it?
The steps are necessary as it determines the type of table saw you need. For small DIY jobs, you do not need a contractors table saw. Using a portable model may be best suited for the job. While making furniture for a living may require something more powerful such as a stationary table saw. Do you need the table saw to be portable and how big is the space you plan to use it? Once you determine, the type of table saw you need, then head over to the next step.
What Features are Important
Here we have a listing of the most common features:
- For accurate cuts, pick a model with a flat top. A typical and acceptable flatness deviations 0.005-inch and found in cabinet saws.
- Pick the rip fence with care, as it needs to lock down and stand parallel with the blade.
- You need an accurate miter gauge that stops at 45° and 90° and parallel to the table.
- Do you plan to use the saw inside? Pick one with a dust port – this helps with the cleaning and keeps the dust out of your face.
- Pick a sturdy saw that works best for your project – you do not want a benchtop saw that cannot cut through sheets of material when the time comes.
- If you plan using a cabinet or contractor saw, choose one you can attach an outfeed table if needed.
- Blade change is also essential – if you plan to switch blades often the process needs to be comfortable. For grooved cuts make sure the tool you pick can use a dado blade.
- Make sure that the bevel capability is adjustable and straightforward to use to get a perfect angle in any direction.
- The most prominent concern of all safety – the product needs to have the proper guards in place to use the device safely. We recommend you look for one with an automatic blade brake.
Top-Rated Table Saws
|BOSCH 4100-09||DEWALT DW745||SHOP FOX W1837||POWERMATIC 179122K||MAKITA 2705|
|STYLE||WORKSITE TABLE SAW||JOBSITE TABLE SAW||OPEN STAND HYBRID TABLE SAW||CONTRACTOR SAW||CONTRACTOR SAW|
|PORTABLE||YES||YES||YES||YES WHEN PLACED ON STAND||YES WHEN PLACED ON STAND|
|CAPACITY||HANDLES STOCK UP TO 25-INCHES WIDE||20-INCH RIP CAPACITY||40-1/4 x 27-INCHES||30-INCH ACCU FENCE||CAN RIP 4X MORE MATERIAL|
|EFFICIENT||SQUARELOCK RIP FENCE AND RIVING KNIFE||RACK AND PINION FENCE SYSTEM||QUICK-CHANGE BLADE GUARD||TWO HANDLE ASSEMBLY AND DUST COLLECTION SHROUD||ELECTRIC BRAKE AND DEAD ON CAM LOCKING RIP FENCE|
|PRECISION||3650 NO LOAD RMP MOTOR||3850 RPM||30-INCHES TO THE RIGHT AND 15-INCHES TO THE LEFT||30-INCH RIP CAPACITY||4800 RPM|
|DEPENDABLE||ONE-YEAR WARRANTY||THREE-YEAR WARRANTY||ONE-YEAR WARRANTY||FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY||ONE-YEAR WARRANTY|
|INCLUDED||CARBIDE TRIPPED BLADE WITH EXTRAS||CARBIDE BLADE WITH EXTRAS||DADO AND STANDARD TABLE INSERTS WITH EXTRAS||BLADE GUARD, MITER GAUGE, HARDWARE BAGS, AND MORE||CARBIDE TIPPED BLADE WITH EXTRAS|
Best Table Saw for the Money
Bosch Worksite Table Saw
For a portable, yet innovative table saw the Bosch 4100-09 has everything you need to get the job done. The saw table collapses and also has a gravity-rise to adjust the height and smoothly moves with the 8-inch pneumatic wheels. For safety, it has a SquareLock rip fence allowing you to use one hand operation. There is an anti-kickback pawl for protection, and the riving knife provides accurate cuts. The powerful motor allows you to cut a 3650 RPM and has a large cutting table that handles up to 25-inch wide piece of wood. You receive all the hardware included with a one-year warranty. For doing projects at home or a site, the portable table saw will offer you power with the 4.0HP motor.
- Equipped with a smart guard system for your protection
- Designed with a sturdy sub-base and carry handles
- Include a SquareLock split fence to rip through the wood at 3650 RPM
- Has a bevel angle range of 2° to 47° and max cut depth of 2.5-inches at 45°
- The max cut depth at 90-degrees is 3 – ⅛-inches
- The stand has 8-inch wheels
- The tabletop measures 29 x 21.5 square inches with 25-inch rip capacity
- Include a 4.0 HP motor and an arbor size of ⅝-inches
- Has an arbor lock system to make blade changes easier
- Machined with aluminum material
- This is a 10-inch table saw, and you receive extra a carbide tipped blade, gravity-rise table stand, miter gauge, push stick, split fence, smart guard system, and a year warranty
Easy to use even for a beginner
You receive a 40-tooth blade included that is perfect for ripping
Blade installations simple
The rip fence is a bit bulky and gets stuck when fine-tuning measurements
DEWALT Job-Site Table Saw
Do you need a versatile table saw look at the DEWALT DW745? The 10-inch jobsite tool has a Site-Pro Modular Guarding System to use with different setups. The 15 amp motors powerful and offers you a 20-inch rip capacity. With the portable design, it weighs 22 kg and has a reasonable footprint to take it with your anywhere. The equipment has a steel roll case keeping you protected from impacts and has a rack & pinion fence system. The fence provides up to 610 mm of rip, and you can quickly cut large sheets of material. You can use the tool to cut through soft to the hardwood.
- Designed with steel roll cage to protect you and has a rack & pinion fence system
- Furthermore, it has an 1850 watt motor with a 610 mm rip capacity fence system
- For safety, it has an overload protection system with cast tabletop design
- There is a quick bevel lock for accurate adjustments
- Designed with telescoping fence rail and you can adjust the blade 0 to 45° for bevel applications
- You do not receive the stand included, but you do receive a 24-tooth Series 30 saw blade, parallel fence, push stick, dust port reducer, MITRE fence, spanners and a three-year warranty
Portable and lightweight
Offers you accurate and smooth cutting
Excellent safety features included
The included DEWALT blade works well
Has no dado capability
Best Contractor Table Saw
Makita Contractor Table Saw
The Makita 2705 has a powerful 15-amp motor with 4,800 RPM and has a modular blade safeguard system. The riving knife you can adjust. For ease of installing the blade guard, it has a cam lock providing you tool-less use. The side guard changes for the best cutting system, and it has two committed self-regulating anti-kickback pawls you can stow away. Furthermore, the see-through guard allows you to view the blade while working. There is an extension table to rip through 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.
- Powerful 15-amp motor with a rip speed of 4800 RPM
- Designed with a modular blade guard system you can adjust
- Has adjustable dual side guards with two onboard anti-kickback pawls
- Can use it to make dado cuts by using the release lever to adjust the height of the knives and place it in three different positions
- Include a extension table on the right side to cut 4 x 8 plywood
- The countertops flat and made of aluminum and has a large cutting capacity to rip 4 times more material with one pass
- Also has an electric brake with a 25-inch extended rip capacity
- Onboard storage for tools and include a T-slot miter gauge with an enclosed saw blade underneath the table
- For ease of adjustments it has cam-locking split fence with bevel locking handle and 2 pole slide system
- You receive only the table top saw blade with the rip fence, miter gauge, push stick, wrenches, carbide rip blade, one-year warranty, and the stands not included
Rips 4 x 4 with one pass
The fence sits square with the material
The blade guard works well
Has storage space
Has a sliding table
Would be great if they add a sleeve bearing to the hand wheel to help make raising or lowering the blade better
SAWSTOP Contractor Saw
To complete any carpentry job you need the best table saw. For a versatile and reliable product, pick the SAWSTOP CNS175-TGP36 to get your small to big jobs done. The unit has a T-Glide 36-inch fence system with a secure lock. The powerful 1.75HP motor is excellent for lightweight to heavy job loads and fits onto a mobile base. The dust collection port measures 4-inches and is under the tabletop. The blade tilts left, and it has extension wings measuring 12-inches wide and has a depth of 27-inches. There is a cast iron table measuring 20-inches wide with a thickness of 27-inches. The blade tilts to the left, and you can use it with a mobile base.
- Can use it with a mobile base
- The saw has a brake design that detects when a finger or hand is in contact with the blade
- Has a T-Glide fence system and you receive a stand included
- The equipment powered by a 1.75HP motor
- You receive a table extension, combination blade, blade guard, adjustable legs, miter gauge, wrenches, riving, knife, two stamped wings, and a year warranty
- It has a cast iron table measuring 20 x 27-inches with an extension wing measuring 12 x 27-inches
- The blade is 10-inches with a ⅝-inch arbor and tilts to the left
- The max cutting depth is three ⅛-inches with dado cut and also has a dust collection port
Excellent safety features
Easy to put together
The support legs on the extension table not durable
Best Hybrid and Cabinet Table Saw
Grizzly Cabinet Table Saw
For a left tilting, cabinet table saw, you can look at the Grizzly, hybrid model. The equipment powered by a 3HP triple belt drive motor and have a cast iron table with wings. The cam lock T-fence is superb, and it has a riving knife with heavy cast hand wheels. There is also a magnetic switch with a T-slot miter gauge and 4-foot dust collection port. The products CSA certified and UL 987 tested. The G0690 is ideal to use in your workshop with the hybrid design and rips through anything.
- Has an arbor speed of 4300 RPM with a ⅝-inch arbor size
- Designed with a triple belt drive 3 HP motor with 220V single phase
- The saw includes an extension table and constructed with cast iron and also has a heavy duty cabinet
- The riving knives are quick release and also has a quick release blade guard
- The fence has knurled knobs for adjusting the wall and has nylon runner inside
- The blade tilts to the left, and you receive standard and dado table inserts
- The distance from the front of the table to the edge is 12 – ¼ -inch
- The products shipping weight is 542 lbs, and you receive a one-year warranty
Excellent manual included
Most of the parts are pre-assembled
Versatile to use
The included blade is not good
Has an inaccurate tape measure
Best Small Mini Table Saw
Outdoor Sport 01-0819 Mini Electric Table Saw
For one of the best small mini table saws, you need the Outdoor Sport 01-0819 model. You receive two blades one 24 Tooth Carbide Tip Blade and a Diamond Coated Tile Blade. The equipment has a wobble-free blade design and offers you precision cuts. Adjusting the table heights tool-free and it has a sliding across cut guide bar with two table channels. Even the blade guards improved to keep you protected while working. For small DIY projects, this tabletop saw is perfect.
- The arbor diameters 12 mm and has a diamond blade cut width of 0.033-inches
- The carbide blade cut width is 0.073-inches
- The tools powered by a 0.8 amp motor with a rip speed of 4800 RPM
- You receive two blades and the blade cover assembly
- The heights hand adjustable and have a sliding crosscut guide bar with two table channels
The motor is quiet and powerful
The tables machined well
Versatile to use
The blades exposed at the bottom so be careful
Best Table Saw Brands
Now that you have seen some of the best table saws, you can buy and still undecided about which brand you should buy – look here:
Bosch Table Saw
Bosch has been around for many years, and they offer you an excellent warranty on their products with excellent customer service. The 4100-09 model has a portable design with gravity rise stand to make your job easier when in need of moving it around. If a kickback does occur, it also has a smart guard system to protect you. It also has a powerful 15 amp motor and offers you up to 3650 RPM.
DEWALT Table Saw
Here we have another trustworthy opponent when it comes to manufacturing table saws. When you look at the DEWALT DW745, you get a portable saw you can use anywhere from the garage to a construction site. The rack and pinion fence system offers you fast adjustments, and it has a lightweight design with a metal roll cage. The device can handle sizeable 20-inch rip capacity and has onboard storage to keep essential items together.
SawStop Table Saw
SawStop is Americas number one table saw as seen in the contractor saw reviewed with us – it has a versatile use and offers you reliability and safety in any workplace. The induction motors power at 1.75 HP and it has a heavy-duty cast iron and steel construction. You get a flexible configuration up to 52-inch RPM. The table includes stamped steel wings, and the device weighs 245 lbs. Further, they back their product with a fantastic warranty.
Makita Table Saw
Makita offers you fantastic power tools and has done it for years. Take the Makita 2705 model, for instance, has a powerful 15-amp motor and presents you with 4,800 RPM. For protection, it has a modular blade guard system, and you can adjust the riving knife. Changing the blades trouble-free with the cam lock system offering you tool-less use. You can adjust the side guard, and it has anti-kickback pawls that stow away for ease of transport.
Skilsaw Table Saw
Here we have another excellent table saw brand available. They have the Worm Drive table saw designed for ripping. You can buy the product in a portable 10-inch worm drive model for cutting wood. The device has a Dual-Field™ Motor with a smooth startup. It has a 25-inch rip capacity with a lightweight of 49 lbs. The tool rips through sheets of plywood easily.
Now that you have seen the best table saws, you can buy and read the essential guidelines – it is time for you to pick one best suited for your needs. The important thing is to decide what type of saw you need and if you have, the space to keep it stored. Furthermore, determine if you need a portable or stationary one. The good news is you can find a suitable one right here. So stop struggling with a circular saw, get yourself a cabinet, portable, hybrid, or contractor’s table saw now, and get the job done.